Michael began his career at J.P. Morgan’s principal mezzanine credit investment group in New York, then in JPM’s Debt Capital Markets and Syndicated Leveraged Finance group in Hong Kong. Afterward, Michael joined Intermediate Capital Group’s investment team, a FTSE 250 company with EUR 20 billion in assets under management, and subsequently served as Managing Director at Constance Capital specializing in structured financing deals. Michael is an investor in technology companies and properties, and co-founder of BlockMason, which created the BlockMason Credit Protocol, a system for permanently recording ledgers of debts and credits between parties using the Ethereum blockchain. He graduated magna cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis with degrees in finance and accounting.
• Minority equity investment with debt financing (senior / junior mezzanine) for leading education enterprise.
• Minority equity investment in leading Chinese merchant bank and asset management company.
• A leading firm in enterprise communication systems acquired a data networking equipment company. Invested in the TLB accordion facility of the acquirer issued at 80 pts with 20% warrant coverage and preferred equity.
• Investment in second lien notes from a privately held branded frozen food manufacturer.
Capital raising & M&A transactions
• Fundraising for acquisition financing of a leading budget economy hotel chain in China.
• Fundraising of syndicated loan facility for a provider of photovoltaic solar panels and systems.
• Fundraising of investment grade bond for Hong Kong-based investment holding company principally engaged in property development, property management and property investment businesses.
• Fundraising of high yield bond for investment holding company principally engaged in the property related business.